The Functional Fluency Model
The Functional Fluency model helps people examine their own behaviour and find ways to change it if they wish to. It gives people a menu of effective behaviours to choose from – your go-to strength. It is a model for developing “functionally fluent behaviour”.
Functional Fluency is:
- The natural way that human beings get along well together - human functioning in flow.
- The use of those positive and flexible ways of responding to each other and yourself (!) that help us to communicate well and build effective relationships.
- A name for our social "response - ability" - responding by putting energy into effective behaviours
When people become more functionally fluent:
- They communicate more effectively and find relationships more satisfying and successful.
- They learn how to choose responses that help things turn out well, instead of repeating old automatic reactions that sometimes make things worse.
- They find they save a lot of time, energy and stress!
Download our Starter Pack to find out more.