How to use Functional Fluency to build relationships and create better teams
A team is a special group of people, purposefully drawn together to contribute their unique and complementary skills towards a common goal, in which they must hold themselves and each other mutually accountable.
Collective performance is the key factor differentiating a team from any random organisational group.
The benefits of Functional Fluency for Teams
Functional Fluency can help you as a team leader to:
- Develop effective workplace relationships within your team or organisation.
- Assist people contributing to behavioral change processes, by ensuring that the teams in your organisation are collaborating optimally in order to drive sustainable outcomes.
- Create teams capable of solving problems through constructive dialogue.
- Provide a means for your team members to deal with differences successfully and significantly optimise individual and team strengths.
- Build high performing, can-do teams.
By using the Functional Fluency model, team members learn to choose effective combinations from a selection of behavioural options, based on information available to them, in any situation. This is what we like to call ‘fluent teamwork’.
Find out about the team development process and how your team can immediately benefit from learning about Functional Fluency and the related behavioural TIFF© tool.